Bring out a cheerful dessert with this multicolored salad – regular oranges, deep red blood oranges, pink grapefruit, and a sprinkle of pomegranate and mint leaves to top it all off.
Admittedly, pomegranates can be a little annoying to deal with (so many seeds!) but for an occasional dessert, many stores will actually sell you just the seeds, with all the annoying seed-extraction work already done for you. The honey here is optional and if you don’t like it or don’t want the extra sugar, just leave it out.
All the citrus fruit makes this salad a way to get your vitamin C in! And in fact, the vitamin C makes it perfect for a post-grilling dessert, since vitamin C helps you absorb the iron in meat. So enjoy your iron-rich burgers or steak, and then give your nutrient absorption a boost with dessert.
Citrus Pomegranate Fruit Salad Recipe
Protein: 4g / %
Carbs: 54g / %
Fat: 1g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- Fresh mint
- If you like, cut up the segmented fruit to make bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine all the fruit.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate on top, and drizzle with lime juice and honey (if using).
- Give everything a gentle stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle fresh mint on top and serve cold.