This vegetable-filled side dish is a flavorful mix of fresh vegetables and herbs roasted in the oven and lightly coated in olive oil. These roasted vegetables would be excellent to serve over a main protein, like fish or chicken. If you’re looking to add a bit of citrus flavor, squeeze a bit of lemon or orange to give this dish a hint of zest.
If you’re having vegetarian or vegan friends over for dinner, this would be a good side dish to prepare for both meat- and non-meat eaters. You could also pair with a starchy vegetable like sweet potatoes or butternut squash, in lieu of serving bread or rice. If you do choose to squeeze a bit of citrus over this veggie-filled dish, you can serve with a paired citrus chicken dish.
If you don’t like eggplant, or have a difficult time finding it at your local grocery store, you can swap eggplant out for another vegetable like green beans or carrots. However, if you decide to make a swap, be sure you adjust the cooking time, especially if you are substituting a starchy vegetable.
Eggplant, Zucchini And Tomato Dish Recipe
Protein: 3g / %
Carbs: 14g / %
Fat: 14g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 to 3 zucchini, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 2 fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine all the vegetables, garlic, olive oil, fresh herbs and season to taste.
- Transfer the vegetable mix to the greased baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, covered.
- Remove cover, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh herbs.