Chili always warms our hearts and when it is exceptionally healthy and life-giving, it brings us to our knees. It’s nice to eat chili on a cold day or a rainy day, even on a sunny day – whatever the weather, it is there for us to make us feel right at home. Amazing how a bowl of something familiar and delicious can brighten our mood in an instant!
And one-pot meals are fantastic for a weekday meal. In goes the garlic and onions, then the ground beef and the spicy Italian sausage sizzle to perfection, and 5 minutes later everything else is tossed into the pot, ready to be simmered till dinnertime. If you need an easy meal where there are plenty of leftovers to be refrigerated or frozen, this is a good one to choose; of course, slow cooker chile verde is a second best option.
While your keto chunky chili is bubbling merrily on the stove, you can be well on your way to diving into an avocado, cucumber and cilantro tuna salad, which can serve as a portion of your lunch for the following day. You could also invest 15 minutes of your time on a simple salad that will add some fresh greens and a bit more olive oil to your plate.
Keto Chunky Chili Recipe
Protein: 58g / %
Carbs: 22g / %
Fat: 59g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the ground beef and sausage meat together in a bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in big saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the meat and cook until browned 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, season to taste, and give everything a good stir.
- Bring to a light boil over medium heat, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until everything is cooked through.