Nothing quite brings out the delicate taste of fresh white fish like the combination with a lemon-garlic sauce. This quick and easy dish is simple enough to be served as a delicious, last-minute main course, while also providing a neutral flavor palette that can be combined with a large array of sides and salads to achieve the kind of ambiance you are seeking in your meal.
The nutritional benefits of white fish are plentiful, and you can select the fish you use based on a variety of criteria – what’s available locally, which sourcing practice has the least negative environmental impacts, and what you think tastes the best – all are things to consider when you use this protein in your Paleo meals. If you haven’t ventured into cooking fish before, make sure to avoid the inkling to overcook – leaving white fish in the oven for “just a few more minutes” will make the fish tough and chewy. Your fish should be gently flaked and tender for the tastiest plate. Also consider purchasing or making the ghee for this dish in advance – if you don’t have it on hand, butter or olive oil will work as substitutes.
This versatile main course should be thoughtfully paired with other sides for a dazzling meal. If you are looking to keep dinner quick and easy, try choosing one of the three simple paleo sides to pair with your meal. If you are hoping to work in additional flavor accompaniments, consider adding tomato and mushroom skewers for a plate that’s colorful and satisfying.
Lemon And Garlic Butter Fish Recipe
Protein: 31g / %
Carbs: 5g / %
Fat: 19g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 white fish fillets of your choice (halibut, cod, etc.)
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl, combine the ghee, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fish in a greased baking dish and season the fish to taste.
- Pour the lemon ghee mixture over the fish; top with fresh lemon slices.
- Place in the oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish is flaky.
- Serve the fish topped with fresh parsley.