This dish is the perfect pick-me-up during colder months where you may start to feel a little “winter blues”. Ready in under 30 minutes, it combines all the classic flavors paired with salmon together in one dish. The brightness of the orange and lightness of the salmon will bring you back to the warmer days. And if you’re experiencing summer right now, then this recipe is just as perfect to compliment the heat filled ones.
Make sure you’re not missing out on all the beneficial nutrients salmon has to offer by eating wild-caught fish rather than farmed. For example, salmon is a great source of vitamin D, perfect for those winter months when sunlight is short lived.
The ingredient list is minimal, making it a great go-to recipe to whip up when you’re low on pantry items. Easily serve this with a medley of vegetables like Cauliflower with Lime and Cilantro or Grilled Zucchini and Leeks with an Herb Dressing to keep the meal light and refreshing.
Orange Glazed Salmon RecipeAdd to Meal Plan
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skin-on;
- Juice and zest of 1 orange;
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup or raw honey;
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, whisk together orange juice and zest, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon on baking dish skin side down, and brush the salmon with the orange mixture.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until salmon easily flakes with a fork.