Substitute your side salad for this zucchini and leek-filled side dish lightly coated in an olive oil herb dressing and topped with toasted walnuts. This would be ideally served as a side to a main protein, like fish, chicken or even a meaty stew. The toasted walnuts provide crunch and a slightly bitter taste to round out the fresh dressing.
Because this dish is vegetarian and vegan-friendly, it’s great to prepare for those who eat Paleo, or not. Leeks are part of the onion family, so it has a bit of onion flavor, but without the powerful onion taste. If you have a FODMAP intolerance, be cautious with leeks because they’re a high FODMAP food.
Grilled Zucchini And Leeks With Herb Dressing Recipe
Protein: 4g / %
Carbs: 12g / %
Fat: 20g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 leeks, sliced lengthwise;
- 2 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise;
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and crumbled;
- 1/4 cup olive oil;
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced;
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced;
- Juice from 1 lemon;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Season the vegetables to taste.
- Grill vegetables, turning often until tender for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl with the chopped walnuts.
- Add in the olive oil, parsley, cilantro, lemon, garlic, and season to taste.
- Toss everything and serve.