Craving fries, but don’t want to eat restaurant fries because of the unhealthy oils? Make your own healthy sweet potato wedges with a zesty coating of lemon, garlic and parsley! There’s nothing wrong with a starch + fat combination, which is what makes fries so delicious — just be sure to use a quality olive oil.
Some folks shy away from carbohydrates when Paleo because they think Paleo equals low carb. But, Paleo does not need to be low in carbohydrates to be healthy! In fact, many people feel better with carbohydrates, especially women, those who exercise regularly and even those with thyroid issues. However, those with a metabolic disorder like Type 2 diabetes may find great benefit in a low-carb approach to help manage blood sugar and insulin levels.
Cut your sweet potatoes into thin or thick wedges, whichever you desire, and grill them to get those nice charred grill marks. Like other grilled veggies, these sweet potatoes can be tossed alongside a grilled burger or chicken dish, and requires no extra cooking or clean-up.
Grilled Zesty Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Protein: 3g / %
Carbs: 33g / %
Fat: 27g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 to 6 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 4 tbsp. olive oil for cooking
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, season to taste, and toss until coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil; whisk until combined.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place the grilled potatoes back in the bowl and toss with the lemon dressing until well coated.