Have you been dreaming of fudgy cocoa with a dose of maple syrup? Something besides a frothy drink, or steaming hot chocolate? As it turns out, these brownie squares have your chocolate fantasies covered. And if you want to add an extra spoonful of Paleo vanilla ice cream, go ahead and do it! Every once in awhile, it feels good to be bad – or just mildly wicked. After all, there is nothing in the list of ingredients to make you feel unpleasant. These Paleo brownies are even free from nuts and may just become your go-to dessert when children (and grown-up children) come to visit.
They do, however, require a special flour that you may, or may not, always keep on hand: coconut flour. If you haven’t experimented with coconut flour yet, please do! It can be used in so many delicious ways to make Paleo coconut flour biscuits, coconut flour pancakes, almond butter blueberry waffles, Paleo shortbread cookies for tea time, and the list goes on. Whatever you decide to make with coconut flour, doesn’t have to be all on the sweet side. It can also be used for savory dishes such as grain-free muffins with herbs and cheese.
See, the great thing about cooking at home is that the possibilities are truly endless. You could add a couple of teaspoons of hemp seeds to these Paleo brownies, some cocoa nibs, or walnuts, whatever you wish!
Paleo Brownies Recipe
Protein: 14g / %
Carbs: 57g / %
Fat: 28g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the ghee with the cocoa powder. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Remove from heat once the ghee has melted.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk ingredients together.
- Once the ghee and cocoa have cooled slightly, pour into the bowl containing the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly fold in the coconut flour with the wet ingredients. Blend until a consistent batter is formed.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish. Pour in the batter and bake for 30-35 minutes.