A dripping dipping sauce of chocolatey proportions that is Paleo, vegan, free from refined sugars and takes less than 20 minutes to make? Yes, please! We knew you would say yes, and now we just want to say that it only takes 5 ingredients, most of which you probably have stored in your Paleo pantry. Plus, it only takes one pot to make it in (easy cleanup) and you can store it up to a week in the fridge (quick addition to your morning smoothie or evening ice cream). You can also drizzle it over pancakes, waffles or anything else that begs for a bite of chocolate. What are you waiting for?
To get started, gather up any missing ingredients, including coconut sugar, coconut milk, and unsweetened cocoa powder. You do have some cocoa powder leftover from making Paleo fudge, right? If you are new to this, make sure to only buy 100% pure unsweetened cocoa. Anything less than that will have additives, the ones you are trying hard to stay away from. Let’s keep this chocolate sauce pure and simple for the sake of eating right, even if it is scrumptiously sweet.
If the chocolate sauce becomes too hard in the fridge, you can warm up the jar under running hot water to make the sauce stirrable again. If you are not in too much in a hurry, you can set the chocolate sauce out on the counter and let it come to room temperature in its own time – if you can resist the wait!
Paleo Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Protein: 3g / %
Carbs: 32g / %
Fat: 16g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine sugar, cocoa and coconut milk and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly. About 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer untouched for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat and add in coconut oil and vanilla extract. Stir constantly until well mixed.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or over ice cream.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.