Rice-free sushi? You bet! Paleo sushi bowls are constructed from the base up, using a bed of cauliflower rice rather than white rice for the perfect quick-to-fix meal, from fridge to tummy in just 15 minutes.
There is something very primal about eating raw food that speaks to our ancient life force - just cut and chew. It applies to fruits and vegetables just as much as to raw fish.
Procure a decent amount of sushi-grade salmon, and make sure it is absolutely fresh, as you are about to consume it uncooked, unprocessed, and unrefined.
Next, for the lesser known nori, most commonly consumed as dried seaweed sheets. While it is not recommended to eat seaweed every day due to large amounts of iodine which may aggravate a thyroid issue, it has many benefits for the larger Paleo crowd.
If you are skipping dairy and fear a lack of calcium, look no further. Dried seaweed is likely to cover your calcium needs, especially if you add a small handful to your bone broth.
This Paleo sushi bowl can stand alone for a fast lunch or dinner - if the raw fish is too much for you, simply sub in some seared Ahi tuna with pickled radishes, and you have a meal fit for a queen or a king... In any case, it is easy to prepare with whatever you have on hand, deliciously simple.
Paleo Sushi Bowl Recipe
Serves: 1 Prep: 10 min Cook: 5 min
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cucumber, julienned
- ½ carrot, julienned
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons pickled ginger
- Fresh sushi-grade salmon, sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Nori (dried seaweed sheets), sliced
- Coconut aminos, to taste
- Cooking oil
- Cook the cauliflower rice in a hot pan with a pinch of salt and a splash of water until you reach desired doneness. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a serving bowl and top with the carrot, cucumber, salmon, avocado, nori, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Serve with a generous splash of coconut aminos.
Paleo Sushi Bowl Recipe
- Cook the cauliflower rice in a hot pan with a pinch of salt and a splash of water until you reach desired doneness. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.2 cups cauliflower rice, Salt, Cooking oil
- Place the cauliflower rice in a serving bowl and top with the carrot, cucumber, salmon, avocado, nori, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds.¼ cucumber, ½ carrot, ½ avocado, 1-2 teaspoons pickled ginger, Fresh sushi-grade salmon, Nori, 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Serve with a generous splash of coconut aminos.Coconut aminos