This delicious pork rib roast with herbs is a perfect choice for any weeknight meal, special event, or family meal. Not only is this paleo-friendly, but it is AIP-compliant. A succulent cut of meat that's coated in a delicious blend of garlic, thyme, rosemary, and olive oil. Not only is this dish easy to prepare with just a few simple steps, but it's also packed with nutrients and flavor that are sure to leave your taste buds dancing.
Pork Rib Roast
One of the best things about this pork rib roast is its versatility. While it's certainly delicious on its own, it also pairs well with a variety of paleo, AIP, and keto-friendly side dishes. Consider serving it alongside roasted Brussels sprouts, creamed spinach, or a fresh salad. You could even use the leftover meat in a stir-fry or salad for a quick and easy lunch option.
If you're worried about keeping your pork tender, there are a few tips you can follow to ensure that it comes out perfectly every time. First, be sure to let the meat rest at room temperature and marinade in the herbs before cooking. This helps to bring the meat to an even temperature, which can help it cook more evenly. Additionally, be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat as it cooks, and remove it from the oven once it reaches 145°F.
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 4lb pork rib roast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon cooking fat, beef tallow, lard, or bacon grease
How to Make a Pork Rib Roast with Herbs
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, cooking fat, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
Now, rub the rib roast on all sides with the marinade, and let it stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 500°F/260°C.
Now, place the seasoned pork rib roast not a roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325°F/165°C then continue roasting for another 40 minutes, or until the pork roast is 145°F internally at the thickest point.
Let the pork roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
More Paleo Pork Recipes
Overall, this pork rib roast with herbs is a delicious and nutritious option that's perfect for anyone following a paleo or keto diet. With its rich flavor, succulent texture, and easy preparation, it's sure to become a favorite in your household.
- Roasted Garlic-Mustard Pork Recipe
- Slow-Cooked Hawaiian-Style Kalua Pork Recipe
- Roasted Pork Loin With Pear Sauce Recipe
- Holiday Spiced Pork Roast Recipe
- Pork Roast with Dijon Glaze Recipe
- Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin Recipe
Pork Rib Roast with Herbs
- Mix a marinade together in a small bowl using: olive oil, cooking fat, garlic, thyme, and rosemary in a bowl, seasoning to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.3 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil, 1 ½ tablespoon cooking fat
- Rub the mixture generously all over the rib roast, then let it sit at room temperature for two hours.4 lb pork rib roast
- Preheat your oven to 500 F, then transfer the herbed pork to a roasting pan and cook in the oven for the first 15 minutes. Afterward, reduce the heat to 325 F and roast for an additional 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- Allow the roast to rest for ten minutes before carving and serving.
- This can be marinaded for up to 24 hours before roasting, however, it should be refrigerated if marinating longer than 2 hours.
- A digital meat thermometer can help you reach the perfect 145°F internal temperature for a moist but safe pork rib roast.