The theme of this salad is crunch: sharp radishes, crisp cucumbers, and sweet apples all get together for a big bowl of different flavors with a snappy, crisp texture. The homemade dressing starts with mayonnaise and vinegar – and some chives, lemon juice, and fresh black pepper finish it off with a bang.
Nutritionally speaking, both apples and radishes are high in Vitamin C, and apples also have quite a lot of fiber.
If you’re in favor of easy side dishes but not a big fan of lettuce, this is an easy way to get the salad without the leaves. It goes really well in lunchboxes (as long as they’re refrigerated; mayo does have raw egg in it after all). Or try making it ahead of time and refrigerating it for an instant dinner side that you can just pull out of the fridge and plunk down on the table.
Radish, Cucumber, And Apple Salad Recipe
Protein: 0g / %
Carbs: 8g / %
Fat: 10g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 7-8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, chives, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl, combine the radishes, cucumber, apple, and celery.
- Pour the dressing on top of the radish mixture and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate before serving.