One-pan side dishes have a special place in the heart of any proficient cook, after all we are more than meal preparers: we are are office workers, parents, gardeners, online experts and everything in between. Busy days and unexpected plans call for uncomplicated meals that bake up in a flash and, trust us, half an hour can seem like an instant in the grand scheme of an eventful day.
It may be surprising to hear that cauliflower is a great alternative to buffalo chicken wings, yet it is true – under the right circumstances cauliflower is extremely beguiling. There are many reasons to choose cauliflower, first and foremost for its high levels of vitamin C. It is also a good source of vitamin K, and is best consumed with some type of healthy Paleo fat. So while the florets are roasting away in the oven, whip up some dip, we have provided a pair of moreish suggestions below.
You have every right to serve these roasted buffalo cauliflower bites as a spicy appetizer at your next social gathering. Place them alongside an enticing bowl of Paleo sour cream, or creamy ranch dressing, for easy dipping with some celery stalks and crunchy carrot sticks on the side. It’s an easy way to get your game on, and satisfy the healthy appetites of those around you.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
Protein: 3g / %
Carbs: 8g / %
Fat: 14g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. ghee, melted
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the florets into bite size pieces, and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil, and sprinkle with the spice mixture; toss everything until well coated.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the ghee, lemon juice, and hot sauce; pour the sauce over the cauliflower and toss until well coated.
- Place back in the oven and cook another 5 to 8 minutes or until soft and nicely browned.
- Serve drizzled with a little more hot pepper sauce to taste.