Bites of crisp steamed shrimp alternating with creamy avocado, all sprinkled with a tangy balsamic dressing and just enough red onion to add a little bite: this ultra-quick tossed salad is a perfect summer meal that’s ready as soon as you’re hungry for it.
Shrimp and avocado aren’t only a classic flavor combination; they’re also a nutritional match made in heaven because they fill in each other’s blanks very well. Shrimp has a lot of protein but it’s very short on healthy fats – enter the avocado to provide. Both of them are rich in nutrients, but they provide slightly different ones: shrimp is rich in B vitamins and minerals like selenium and zinc, while avocados supply Vitamins C and E, plus even more B vitamins, potassium, and other minerals.
Serve this on a bed of cucumber slices or greens to add some extra vegetables, or maybe just grab some extra fresh vegetables to eat alongside the salad. Or you could make lettuce wraps with it and try your salad as finger food: it’s fun for kids, and even grown-ups can appreciate a slightly new way to enjoy such a tasty salad.
Shrimp And Avocado Salad Recipe
Protein: 53g / %
Carbs: 13g / %
Fat: 28g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lbs. steamed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. red onion, diced
- Fresh parsley, minced
Ingredients for the balsamic dressing
- ¼ cup. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the balsamic dressing and season to taste.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the avocado, shrimp, and red onions.
- Drizzle the balsamic dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.