Want to fill your plate with an array of colors? Roast a batch of rainbow carrots for a holiday meal or gathering. A dish of roasted carrots is a side dish everyone can agree on. Carrots are available year-round, so buy a rainbow of colors: yellow, red, and even purple carrots.
Carrots are hardy and don’t require much fuss. If you’re pressed for time, roast up a pan and leave your worries to something else. The seasonings are simple; you’ll probably have them in your cupboard and won’t need to fret about running to the store.
Simple Herb-Seasoned Carrots Recipe
Protein: 3g / %
Carbs: 22g / %
Fat: 13g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ghee, melted
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, ghee, dried parsley, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and season to taste.
- Add the carrots, then toss until well coated.
- Place the carrots in a single layer on a baking dish or sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake the carrots for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve the baked carrots with fresh parsley.