Sometimes life is so hectic, that when an easy recipe comes your way, you take it with no questions asked – and this happens to be one of those encounters. Even though there are 8 ingredients, it couldn’t possibly more simple to prepare. Slice the cucumber as thin as you like, add all of the other ingredients and set the bowl in the fridge for 15-30 minutes, or until you are ready to serve. No cooking required! That’s a wonderful thing when summer days are already hot enough!
Cucumbers can soothe a mild sunburn, they can be a used as a treatment for your tired eyes, you can toss them in the blender and mix them with mint as a skin tonic, but above all, you will want to eat them, because they are good for your digestion too. The long green cukes are rich in silica, the very element that helps us develop and maintain healthy connective tissues, in essence benefiting our tendons, muscles and ligaments. If you plan to work out or work outside in the garden, you may even want to add some cucumber to your blueberry smoothie.
These Korean-style cucumbers pair well with any spice-matching protein dish: chicken wings, beef short ribs, or Korean BBQ beef – but we know that you will enjoy them for snacking too. Be “cool as a cucumber” and get slicing for dinner tonight.
Simple Korean-Style Cucumbers Recipe
Protein: 1g / %
Carbs: 22g / %
Fat: 0g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the coconut aminos, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, chili powder, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced cucumbers to the mixture and top with green onions.
- Toss everything gently until well covered.
- Cover and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes before serving.