The time of year does not matter, nor does the time of day – when this honey and garlic chicken with vegetables is done simmering for 6-8 hours, all you need to do is serve yourself a bowl, allow it ample time to chill, and dig in. It really doesn’t matter if it is for breakfast, or lunch at work, just enjoy it for all the spoon- or forkfuls it is worth. See, there we go not caring again!
If you are cooking for a smaller crowd with diverse tastes, or for some sensitive eaters, every one will find a bite that they love in here, and although the asparagus will surprise some people at first bite, all will be well in the end. Why? Well, we can only assume it is because the combination of chicken stock, homemade ketchup, coconut aminos and raw honey that makes all the ingredients harmonize strikingly together. It’s bowl-licking good, and we’ll leave it at that.
Being a complete meal on its own, you may want to call the dinner done. Or you may still see that the garden is greener on the other side, in which case you will want to create a side salad to bring in some wonderful micro-nutrients. How about a beet, broccoli and mache salad with almond vinaigrette for starters? Or a more exotic salad of mixed greens, fennel and pear to add more texture and contrast to your masterpiece?
Slow Cooker Honey-Garlic Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
Protein: 50g / %
Carbs: 50g / %
Fat: 11g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 to 5 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 lb. carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup homemade ketchup
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. ghee or Paleo cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the garlic, honey, chicken stock, coconut aminos, ketchup, oregano, and season to taste.
- Melt cooking fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Brown the chicken breasts, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker along with the remaining vegetables.
- Pour in the honey garlic sauce and give everything a good stir.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook everything on low 6 to 8 hours.