Feast your eyes on these delicious, moist muffins! We often think of muffins as an off-limit food when eating Paleo, however these muffins are made with a base of mashed sweet potatoes and bananas, which are a lot healthier than refined flours and sugars.
Muffins can be a convenient grab-and-go breakfast when time is short, but your stomach is growling. These muffins contain some protein, however you may want to also toss a hard-boiled egg or protein-rich snack in your bag as you’re running out the door. Many muffin recipes call for a hefty dose of nut-based flours. Many of these flours are expensive, and some people don’t digest them well. This recipe is made of a base of sweet potatoes and bananas with a bit of almond butter, so those sensitive to a large dose of nuts can enjoy these muffins.
If you have kids, and they’re interested in cooking with you in the kitchen, this is a great recipe to get them involved; they can mash the sweet potato and banana, and mix the ingredients in the bowl. After baking, they will also enjoy eating their creation, too!
Sweet Potato Banana And Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Protein: 8g / %
Carbs: 25g / %
Fat: 12g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked sweet potato and ripe banana; mash until well mixed.
- Add the almond butter, eggs, and vanilla; whisk until well combined.
- Grease mini muffin tin pan.
- Fill each muffin tin with the banana mixture and add the blueberries on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.