One pot meals are efficiency at it’s best, and zoodles always make them stellar. Even little kids will like to eat something that is reminiscent to spaghetti, the big ones somehow find ways to enjoy it too. So, get on with the spiralizer movement and use it regularly, for all sorts of vegetable Paleo noodles. It is truly the best Keto pasta you can get anywhere!
Zucchini is such a lovely vegetable, though technically it is a fruit as it comes from a flower, which is edible by the way – if you have them in season just toss them right in at the end of cooking. Mostly you will find them with green skins, but if you can find yellow-skinned zucchini choose it, or mix the two together to add a sunny flair to your dish. Tomatoes are called for in this dish too and use whatever you can find, again, you can mix it up with heirloom varieties for visual interest.
This meal is brilliantly satisfying on its own, but if you would like to add some more greens to fill your plate, then oven roasted broccoli is highly recommended to accompany this dish. If you are really watching your carb intake, then baked portobello mushrooms are the winning choice at just 2 grams per portion and you can complete the recipe from start to finish while you are cooking your zucchini noodles.
Keto Zucchini Noodles with Tomato-Basil Sauce Recipe
Protein: 5g / %
Carbs: 17g / %
Fat: 8g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 to 3 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until fragrant and soft.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Simmer the sauce 12 to 15 minutes and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the tomato sauce and toss until well coated.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until the zoodles are soft.
- Serve the noodles with fresh basil and shredded parmesan on top.