If you're looking for a hearty and delicious paleo stuffing recipe that will satisfy your taste buds and keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle, look no further than this beef, walnut, celery, and apple paleo stuffing.
This recipe is perfect for anyone who follows a paleo diet and wants to enjoy all the flavors and textures of traditional stuffing without grains and processed ingredients. With a mix of savory beef, crunchy walnuts, and crisp celery and apple, this stuffing is packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it's easy to make ahead and can be frozen for later use, making it a great option for busy weeknights or holiday meals. And because it's paleo-friendly, you can feel good about serving it to your family and friends without worrying about fitting their paleo diet.
What does this stuffing go with? It can be served all by itself, or you can serve it alongside traditional entrees like this orange glazed ham or even a roasted turkey with maple cranberry glaze. Of course, it is also fantastic as the main course with a side of roasted vegetables.
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat, beef tallow, lard, or bacon grease
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning or a mix of fresh herbs finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
How to Make Beef, Celery, Walnut, and Apple Stuffing
Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
In a large skillet, add the cooking fat over medium heat. To the skillet, add ground beef and celery. Cook, stirring and crumbling the meat, for 3 minutes.
Add in the diced apple and onion, and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
To this, add the poultry seasoning or fresh herbs, minced garlic, and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix this together. It is okay if the meat is still pink, it will finish cooking in the oven.
Pour into a baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
More Stuffing Recipes
Whether it is a busy weeknight when you need comfort food or something for a holiday buffet, there are many options out there for stuffing. Below are a few more recipes that easily fit the paleo dietary plan. Take a moment to check these out, bookmark them, print out the recipes, or just pin them to Pinterest so they are handy when you are ready to cook!
- Sausage, Cranberry, and Apple Stuffing Recipe
- Apple and Squash Stuffing Recipe
- Sausage And Herb Stuffing Recipe
- Keto Stuffing Recipe
Paleo Stuffing with Beef, Celery, Walnut, and Apples
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add cooking fat and sauté the ground beef and celery for about 3 minutes. Be sure to crumble the ground beef into small pieces.1 lb extra lean ground beef, 4 celery stalks, 1 tablespoon cooking fat
- Add the diced apple and onion to the pan and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.1 medium onion, 1 apple
- Mix in fresh herbs or poultry mix, minced garlic, walnuts, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well. The meat should still be somewhat pink, as it will finish cooking in the oven.2 cups walnuts, 1 clove garlic, 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, Sea salt and black pepper
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and spread it evenly. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes until the stuffing is golden brown and cooked through.
- Lean ground beef is recommended, but you can use a higher-fat beef, just drain excess fats off before baking.
- This can be baked in any baking dish that is 9"x9", or larger.
- For a different flavor profile, use a mixture of ground pork and ground beef, or a mild sausage.