These chicken and sausage skewers have a distinct flavor and texture because they’re loaded with Cajun seasonings and plenty of grilled veggies. Andouille sausages are made of pork and their origin can be traced back to France. These sausages migrated to Louisiana where the Creole cuisine embraced them. Made of smoked pork, garlic, pepper and plenty of seasonings, they’re juicy and bursting with flavor.
Want to dip those skewers in a creamy sauce? Try a Cajun-spiced mayo. Instead of using the adobo sauce in this recipe, use Cajun spices. Combine mayonnaise, Cajun spices, cumin, apple cider vinegar and lime juice in a small bowl and adjust until you get the taste just right. No mayo? No problem – these skewers are perfect eaten right off the skewer.
Cajun Chicken And Sausage Skewers Recipe
Protein: 26g / %
Carbs: 12g / %
Fat: 21g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 andouille sausages, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wood or metal skewers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, and season to taste.
- Thread the skewers with sausages, chicken, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion, alternating between them.
- Brush the skewers with the Cajun seasoning mixture, making sure the skewers are well covered.
- Place on the grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes.