Nobody knows for sure where the club sandwich came from or how it got its name, but it’s certainly popular, and it’s not hard to see why. Crispy bacon and tender chicken with juicy tomato slices and creamy mayonnaise make for a pretty delicious combination – even better here in a lettuce wrap instead of between two slices of bread.
There’s no hard-and-fast rule about what type of lettuce is best for wrapping. Iceberg is a classic, but butter lettuce is also very nice because the leaves are a little more flexible, which minimizes the chance of tearing. Err on the side of making many smaller wraps, instead of trying to make them too big. It also helps to wrap your fillings in many layers of leaves – use more than you think you’ll need, so if one breaks it’s not such a big deal.
Chicken Club Wraps Recipe
Protein: 38g / %
Carbs: 10g / %
Fat: 41g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts;
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 medium tomato, sliced;
- 1 avocado, chopped;
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled;
- 4 tbsp. homemade mayonnaise;
- 8 large lettuce leaves;
- ½ tsp. paprika;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat a grill or skillet to a medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with paprika, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill the chicken (or cook on the skillet with some cooking fat) on both sides until no longer pink, and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Το assemble the wraps, top 2 lettuce leaves with mayonnaise, chicken, bacon, avocado, and tomato.
- Roll the lettuce leaves up like a burrito. Cut in half to serve.