Are you in the mood for a hearty meal that is both delicious and healthy? Look no further than our Chicken Mustard Stew! With succulent chicken pieces, a tangy mustard sauce, and a blend of savory herbs and spices, this stew will tantalize your tastebuds and leave you feeling satisfied. Plus, it's perfect for those on a paleo or keto diet, with its emphasis on protein-rich chicken and flavorful vegetables.
Chicken Mustard Stew
While some may find cooking a whole chicken to be challenging, fear not! Our easy-to-follow recipe will help you achieve perfectly tender and juicy meat every time. And with a cooking time of just under an hour, this one-pot wonder is both practical and satisfying.
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 onions
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon cooking fat
- Black pepper
How to Make Chicken Mustard Stew
Melt the cooking fat over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Once melted, brown the chicken pieces on all sides, then remove and set aside. They will not be cooked through.
To the remaining fat in the pan, add the onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes, wine, herbs, salt, and black pepper. Stir together and simmer for 10 minutes. cooking fat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Brown chicken pieces on all sides. shly ground black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken back to the Dutch oven and cook for 45 minutes.
When the chicken is cooked through, stir in the Dijon mustard. Taste and add more salt and black pepper if needed.
More Chicken Recipes
Want another meal with chicken as the focus? Check out some of the ideas below and bookmark your favorite to make soon.
- Thai-Style Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Red Wine Roast Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Spatchcock Chicken Recipe
- Whole Roasted Chicken With Chimichuri Sauce Recipe
- 20 Creative Recipes for Roasting a Whole Chicken
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe
- Jamaican Jerk Whole Chicken
- Rosemary-Honey Roast Chicken Recipe
Chicken Mustard Stew
- Heat cooking fat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Brown chicken pieces on all sides. Set chicken aside.1 whole chicken, 3 tablespoon cooking fat
- In the same pot, cook garlic and onions until onions are soft (around 5 minutes).6 cloves garlic, 2 onions
- Add chopped tomatoes, white wine, herbes de Provence, 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.32 oz tomatoes, 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence, 2 bay leaves, ½ cup white wine
- Return chicken pieces to the pot and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Stir in ¼ cup of homemade or Dijon mustard. Adjust seasoning with additional sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired. Serve.¼ cup Dijon mustard, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- This can be made with any combination of chicken pieces. Cooking it bone-in will result in a much richer flavor, but you can use boneless skinless chicken pieces if you prefer.