With cooked and shredded chicken close at hand any quick-to-fix meal is a possibility, and when you are hungry you should reach for the good stuff (not the salty or sweet snacks) – that which you make yourself at home. When you have a special diet, it can be hard for others to understand your “pickiness”, especially when dining out or at a work event. Just remember that you are doing this for You! When you pull out your own food as others are happily chowing down on pizza, be proud of what you created and dive into it like it is nobody’s business.
Chicken salad is a dish that everybody adores and when you add homemade mayonnaise and a crunchy stalk of celery, it is that much more special. But the beauty, and efficiency, of this recipe lies in the preparedness of having some precooked chicken on hand. You may be in the fortunate situation that you have some leftovers from dinner, though if you want to go about it with clarity and a weekly meal plan in mind, then we strongly recommend making a larger batch of slow cooker shredded chicken on the weekend, for impromptu lunches throughout the week.
If you are taking this meal on the go, you may want to keep the halved avocados and chicken salad separate until serving. After that, you can take your spoon and scoop away.
Keto Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe
Protein: 17g / %
Carbs: 9g / %
Fat: 40g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the oregano, garlic, paprika, chili powder, lime juice, vinegar and mayonnaise; season to taste.
- In another bowl combine the cooked chicken, onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Pour the mayo mixture over the chicken and vegetables, then toss everything until well blended.
- Stuff the avocados with the shredded chicken, and top with green onions.