Salmon fillets are one of our favorite seafood dishes – they’re an easily located and prepped dish that’s extremely versatile and delicious. For this recipe, you’ll be preparing a salmon fillet that’s a bit more traditional tasting with a sweet-spicy combination of lemon and garlic. However, what makes this dish stands out is in the preparation – instead of drizzling a lemon-infused sauce over your fillets, you’ll be steaming them above a bed of sliced lemons laid directly on your grill. This is such an easy technique for getting a perfect lemon flavor into your salmon, but anyone that watches will be fascinated to see this process in action – you’ll give your guests a delicious dinner and a show!
In addition to the taste and amazing preparation of this dish, your plate will be brimming with the nutritional benefits of salmon. Omega-3’s, Vitamin D, Vitamin B, magnesium… all of these and more are plentiful in this dish. The downside of salmon is finding fish that are actually wild caught though. Many supermarkets will typically carry farmed varieties, and wild-caught salmon tends to be a bit more expensive. A visit to your seafood counter (or local seafood market, if you’re lucky) can help answer questions about where your salmon is sourced.
This grilled salmon dish works well with nearly any side option, so keep things on the grill with this grilled zucchini and leeks recipe – it takes just a bit less cooking, leaving you time to prep these with dressing just as your salmon is finished up.
Grilled Garlic and Lime Salmon Fillets Recipe
Protein: 19g / %
Carbs: 13g / %
Fat: 19g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 salmon filets, enough for 4 people
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 lemons, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and fresh parsley; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the salmon fillets generously with the garlic-lime sauce.
- Place the lemon slices tightly together on the grill, forming a flat layer.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the lemon slices, top with fresh rosemary sprigs, and grill 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and no longer pink.