Whether you need a tasty appetizer or a delicious main dish, these lemon pepper chicken fingers are a delicious choice for your menu. They are tender, delicious, and have a bright lemon flavor that is grilled to perfection. It's healthy, easy to make, and ideal for whipping up as a fast weeknight meal.
Grilled Paleo Chicken Fingers
One of the best things about this dish is that it's a great option for those on paleo or keto diets. With no flour or breadcrumbs involved, these chicken tenders are naturally gluten-free and low-carb. And thanks to the protein-rich chicken breast tenders, they're also a great way to stay full and energized all day long.
Serves: 8, as an appetizer Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 6 min
• 20 chicken breast tenders, about 1 ½ lbs
• 20 small wooden skewers
• Juice and zest of 2 lemons
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Lemon Pepper Barbecued Chicken Fingers
Preheat the charcoal or propane grill to medium-high heat, ensuring it reaches a temperature of at least 375°F.
To prepare the chicken, in a bowl, you will combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and zest of the lemons in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Reserve ¼ of the marinade for later use.
Thread each chicken breast tender onto a small wooden skewer and coat them in the remaining ¾ of the marinade.
Lightly sprinkle each tender with salt and black pepper. I begin with around 1 teaspoon each total, but you can use more or less as you desire.
Then, you will grill the tenders for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Cook in batches if necessary. I recommend using a meat thermometer to verify they are 165°F internally before serving.
Arrange the cooked tenders on a serving platter and drizzle with the reserved marinade before serving.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
If you have more chicken in your freezer and don't know what to make, let me help! Below are some of my favorite flavor packed recipes that feature chicken breasts. Take a moment to check out this list and bookmark any of yoru favorites. You can also print out these recipe or even pin them to Pinterest to add to your meal plan soon!
- Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Tomato And Spinach Salad Recipe
- Chili Lime Chicken with Thai Salad Recipe
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Zoodles Recipe
- One-Pan Basil Chicken With Spring Vegetables Recipe
- Chicken And Asparagus With Italian Dressing Recipe
Lemon Pepper Chicken Fingers | Paleo
- Preheat the BBQ grill to medium-high heat, ensuring it reaches a temperature of at least 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil, 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice (equivalent to the juice from 1 lemon), and the finely grated zest of 2 lemons to create a marinade.4 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoon lemon zest, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Reserve ¼ cup of marinade and set aside. Thread each of the 20 chicken breast tenders onto its own small wooden skewer and dip each one into the remaining three-quarters of the marinade to coat.2 lb chicken breast tenders
- Generously season the coated chicken tenders with black pepper and 1 teaspoon of sea salt, increasing the amount to taste.1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- On the preheated grill, place the skewers and cook, covered, for approximately 3 minutes on each side until well browned and beginning to char in spots.
- When done, transfer the chicken tender skewers to a serving platter and then drizzle the reserved marinade over the chicken. Serve hot.
- This can also be made with chicken thighs if you prefer.
- When using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before assembling to grill.
- These can also be cooked in a skillet or indoor electric grill if desired.