Salmon-stuffed peppers, or salmon and bell pepper skewers? Either choice is an excellent one, but if you are on a grilling spree, you will want to choose the latter and save the stuffed peppers for chillier days. Skewers are always “fun food” for outdoor parties and backyard gatherings, and no, salmon is not just for posh people, it is for everyone, so take a skewer and indulge in this widely available and tasty fish.
For your skewers to be a sizzling success, it is of utmost importance that the cubed fish and vegetables are of similar sized pieces, this will ensure that the kebabs grill evenly. Choose your favorite color of bell pepper, or alternate between red, yellow, orange and green for visual interest and an abundance of vitamin C in your meal. Red bell peppers are an adequate source vitamin C content and when eaten with spinach or other iron-rich foods they may help to increase your body’s iron stores.
Grab your favorite serving bowl and chop up some tomatoes and spinach for a quick salad. You can also put a unique twist on dinner and serve up a warm spinach and pear salad alongside your salmon skewers – salmon and pears are a tasty combination indeed!
Grilled Salmon And Bell Pepper Skewers Recipe
Protein: 50g / %
Carbs: 6g / %
Fat: 42g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lb. salmon fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wood or metal skewers
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Thread the salmon, pepper, and onion pieces on the skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cilantro, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the skewers with the olive oil and lemon juice mixture on all sides.
- Grill the skewers 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with fresh lemon slices.