The T-bone steak is one of the prime cuts and contains two cuts of steak: the strip loin and the tenderloin. Both of these cuts are tender because they are located on the areas of the animal that get the least exercise. The iconic T-bone separates the cuts and will help keep the meat tender while it cooks.
One of the keys to cooking a great steak is to allow the steaks to come to room temperature before cooking them, as the steaks will spend less time on the grill and be more tender and juicy after they’re cooked. Often 30-45 minutes is enough time to bring the steak to room temperature. When the steaks are ready, pat them dry, then season with the paprika spice rub.
When the steak is done cooking, let it rest for at least 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Serve with a fruit salad, a potato salad or grill up some sweet potatoes wedges to go along with your steak!
Grilled Spiced T-Bone Steak Recipe
Protein: 33g / %
Carbs: 0g / %
Fat: 24g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 T-bone steaks
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a bowl, combine all the spices and mix well.
- Let the steak come to room temperature, then rub with the paprika mixture.
- Place the steaks on the preheated grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Let the steak rest for 4 to 5 minutes and serve.