Are you a serious grill-master? Test your prowess with a pure measure of skill: a steak with nothing but salt and pepper for flavor. It’s certainly true that Paleo isn’t all about steak and bacon all the time, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have the luxury cuts when they fit into the grocery budget.
To serve with your steak, this recipe also has directions for ultra-quick seasonal stir-fry with fresh spring asparagus and mushrooms. If you’re an asparagus-lover, now is definitely the time to get your hands on everything you can while it’s in season, and the stir-fry is an interesting change from the steak-and-salad combination.
For some extra flavor, the vegetable stir-fry uses coconut aminos – that’s basically a Paleo replacement for soy sauce, but minus the soy and the wheat. You can find coconut aminos at most health-food or higher-end grocery stores, or order them online.
Try this one for a special celebration dinner, or just as a way to kick off barbecue season with a bang. Grilled steak is a favorite for a reason, and when you’re already aware that there’s nothing wrong with red meat, there’s no reason not to enjoy it!
Grilled T-bone Steaks With Asparagus And Mushroom Stir-Fry Recipe
Protein: 35g / %
Carbs: 31g / %
Fat: 20g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 T-bone steaks, at room temperature
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Asparagus and Mushroom Stir-Fry Ingredients
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. mushrooms, quartered
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cooking fat
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the stock, coconut aminos, and garlic.
- Melt some cooking fat in a large skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and asparagus and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season the steaks to taste on both sides.
- Grill the steaks on the preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the steaks with the vegetable stir-fry.