Instead of reaching for that phone (or online delivery service these days) to satisfy your Chinese takeout cravings, try out this ground pork and eggplant stir fry recipe. Not only does it avoid a laundry list of non-Paleo ingredients like vegetable oil, soy, and gluten, it also avoids Monosodium glutamate (a.k.a. MSG). Plus, you can prepare this recipe faster than the amount of time it’ll take the delivery driver to be at your front door. It’ll be even more delicious knowing you made it yourself with wholesome ingredients.
It’s best to use pasture raised pork, if it’s available and suits your budget. If you can’t find any ground pork like the recipe suggests, you can always use a boneless loin or even pork butt cut into thin strips or bite-sized pieces. If you do use a different cut, make sure to adjust the cooking time to make sure the pork is fully cooked through. While this recipe isn’t AIP friendly because of the eggplant and Sriracha, you could always change out the eggplant for mushrooms to get that same meaty texture and not use the optional Sriracha.
Stir-fries are always a great go-to option when you need a fast one-pot meal, or when using up whatever is left in the fridge. The trick to any stir-fry is to make sure the wok (or sauté pan) is nice and hot. The heat seals-in the flavors and juices of the vegetables and protein.
Ground Pork And Eggplant Stir-Fry RecipeAdd to Meal Plan
- 1 lb. ground pork;
- 2 Asian eggplants or 1 eggplant, diced;
- 1 onion, diced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 thumb size fresh ginger, minced;
- 1 green onion, sliced;
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha; (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos;
- 3/4 tsp. raw honey;
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt coconut oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Lower heat to medium and add the diced eggplant.
- Pour in the coconut aminos, Sriracha (if using), and raw honey, give everything a good stir.
- Add the ground pork and cook until browned, breaking apart while cooking.
- Serve the stir fry topped with green onions.