Honey-mustard drumsticks are always a hit when it comes to entertaining around the grill, though the weather doesn’t always cooperate with barbecue dinner plans. Be flexible in life and in cooking, and trust that your oven can do the same wonderful job, perhaps even better. Baked chicken drumsticks is a simple, appetizing dish that everyone will devour, especially when served with creamy coleslaw and a generous slice of Paleo “cornbread”.
Paleo cornbread? The fluffy stuff that we used to dip into our bean-filled chili? No, not that kind of bread, nor that classic chili. Now we have Paleo no-bean chili to satisfy our winter cravings and corn-free cornbread to fulfill our greatest expectations. It takes a quick search to find a scrumptious recipe, though we’ll toss you a short list of all the ingredients needed to make this magic cornbread: eggs, almond milk, almond flour, coconut flour or ghee, honey, baking powder, salt, and coconut oil. In essence, you toss all ingredients into a bowl, stir well, pour into a lined pan and bake for 20 minutes. See? Magic. Of course, it is a little more involved than this, you’ll have to seek out the details to make your own kitchen sorcery.
While you are whipping up new dishes, take the time to make your own Paleo mayonnaise too. The vegetables will thank you for coating them in such a creamy, mouthwatering dressing.
Mustard-Glazed Drumsticks With Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
Protein: 37g / %
Carbs: 24g / %
Fat: 28g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 8 to 10 medium chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
Creamy Coleslaw Ingredients
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup radishes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the creamy coleslaw: Combine all vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add the mayo-herb sauce to the vegetables. Mix well until all vegetables are evenly coated. Season to taste.
- Allow coleslaw to chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes prior to serving.
- For the drumsticks: Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet to prevent drumsticks from sticking. Spread out evenly to prevent them from touching and sprinkle with black pepper and sea salt.
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the dijon mustard, yellow mustard, and honey; whisk until well combined.
- Brush the chicken with the mustard sauce, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush one last time, and allow to cool for a few minutes.