This paleo apricot chicken recipe is a succulent dish that is fast going to become a family favorite. Tender pieces of chicken are cooked to perfection with a tangy and sweet flavor that will become one of your go-to dishes!
The tender chicken is packed with protein to keep you fuller for longer, making it ideal for those looking to manage their weight. Using natural sweeteners from the apricots, you will find this is kid-friendly but still easy to keep on track with your health goals.
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 15 min
• 2 lbs chicken tenderloins, halved crosswise
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 20 dried apricots, coarsely chopped
• 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 3 tablespoon cooking fat
How to Make Apricot Chicken
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add some cooking fat. Place 2 pounds of chicken tenderloins that have been halved crosswise into the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until nicely browned. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Then pour in the apple cider vinegar and continue cooking until it has evaporated. Lastly, add the chicken stock and the chopped apricots. Stir this well, and bring it to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with the sauce and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
Need more ideas? Check out this list of recipes for chicken breasts that are going to add tons of flavor to your menu. Bookmark your favorites, print out the recipes, or pin them to Pinterest to make them soon!
- Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Tomato And Spinach Salad Recipe
- Chili Lime Chicken with Thai Salad Recipe
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Zoodles Recipe
- One-Pan Basil Chicken With Spring Vegetables Recipe
- Chicken And Asparagus With Italian Dressing Recipe
Paleo Apricot Chicken
- Heat a large skillet over a medium heat and add some cooking fat. Place 2 pounds of chicken tenderloins that have been halved crosswise into the skillet and brown both sides to preferred doneness. Season both sides of the chicken with ¼ teaspoon of sea salt and ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper per side as desired.2 lbs chicken tenderloins, 3 tablespoon cooking fat, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add 1 chopped onion to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.1 onion
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and allow the liquid to cook down until it has evaporated. Add 2 cups of chicken stock and 20 coarsely chopped dried apricots to the skillet, mixing well. Bring the mixture to a boil.2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 cups chicken stock, 20 dried apricots
- Reduce the heat and let the chicken simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). Add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Garnish the chicken with freshly chopped parsley and serve.3 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Replace chicken breasts with chicken thighs if desired.
- If the sauce is too thin, continue simmering over low for another 5 minutes. You may remove the chicken if it is done cooking. Alternatively, you could use a 1 to 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder to help thicken the mixture.