Picture this: succulent chicken breasts, coated in crispy bacon, nestled atop a bed of perfectly roasted leeks. Sounds indulgent, right? But what if I told you this recipe is also paleo and keto friendly? That's right, with our roasted chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with leeks, you can treat yourself to a deliciously satisfying dinner without sacrificing your health goals.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
As a busy person, you want a recipe that is quick and easy to prepare without compromising on taste. Look no further than this roasted chicken breasts recipe. It requires very little involvement, making it the perfect recipe for a quick dinner fix that still looks fancy.
Serve this roasted chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with leeks alongside something light and refreshing like asparagus ribbons with lemon dressing. A perfect combination of flavors sure to please anyone at your dinner table!
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 30 min
• 2 large chicken breasts, skin-on
• 2 large leeks, sliced into ¼-inch slices
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• A few sprigs of fresh thyme
• 2 cooking fat, beef tallow, lard, or bacon grease
• ⅓ cup water
• 14 slices of bacon
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Roasted Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Bacon
Start by preheating your oven to 400°F.
Take a bowl and combine the chicken breasts, sliced leeks, picked thyme leaves, knobs of cooking fat, and a splash of olive oil. Mix everything well and season with salt and pepper.
Prepare a baking dish by lining the bottom with a sheet of aluminum paper that is slightly larger than the dish.
Spread the leek mixture on the bottom of the dish and place the chicken breasts on top.
Wrap each chicken breast with 7 slices of bacon, adding more olive oil and cooking fat as needed. Top with a few sprigs of whole thyme and pour in some water.
Fold the loose ends of the aluminum paper over the exposed leeks to prevent burning.
Bake in the middle of the oven for approximately 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
More Paleo Chicken Recipes
Tired of boring chicken? We have solutions to that! Below you will find a few of our family favorites that are packed with flavor, easy to make, and ideal for family meals. Take a moment to bookmark your favorites, print out the recipes, or just pin them to Pinterest to make soon!
- Peruvian-Style Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Slow-Cooked Jerk-Style Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Braised Chicken With Fennel And Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken Legs Recipe
- Roasted Chicken Legs With Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
Roasted Chicken Breasts Wrapped In Bacon With Leeks
- To start, preheat your oven to 400 F. In a bowl, combine chicken breasts, leek slices, picked thyme leaves, cooking fat, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together well.2 chicken breasts, 2 leeks, 3 tablespoon olive oil, 3 sprigs fresh thyme, 2 tablespoon cooking fat, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Next, line the bottom of a baking dish with a sheet of aluminum paper that's larger than the dish to create loose ends. Place the leek mixture on the bottom of the dish and put the chicken breasts on top.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 7 slices of bacon and drizzle more olive oil and cooking fat over the top. Add a few whole thyme sprigs, and pour in some water. Fold the loose ends of the aluminum paper over the uncovered leeks to prevent them from burning.14 slices of bacon, ⅓ cup water
- Place the dish in the middle of the preheated oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is well cooked.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve.
- This can also be made with chicken thighs or chicken legs if you prefer.
- Add a sliced onion to the mixture for additional flavor.
- Sprinkle the chicken with smoked paprika for a bit of a smoky flavor.
- Make sure the chicken has reached 165°F internally before serving.