Paleo vegetables that are as filling as they are nutritious? Cauliflower is but one of them, in fact you can eat as much of it as you want, just as much as makes you feel full! It makes for an excellent base of a grain-free pizza or a creamy roasted cauliflower and sweet potato soup. It can also become a spice-filled side dish to serve alongside your protein of choice – it is such a versatile vegetable.
The benefits of cauliflower may surprise you and it is not only found in white, you can sometimes find green, purple and orange cauliflower as well, each with their own additional array of nutrients. The florets have potent antioxidants that help our bodies survive the stresses of managing a healthy work-life balance and the abundant phytochemicals stimulate cancer-blocking enzymes. No matter how you cook it, your body will thank you. With these curry spices you will be adding ginger, cinnamon, coriander and cumin, as well as turmeric which is highly anti-inflammatory and full of gut-healing power.
This immune boosting meal also calls for 1/4 tsp. of sumac, an essential spice used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cooking, and if you don’t have any on hand, you are free to omit it. If you can find it though, we highly recommend it as you can also use it to spice the most aromatic pomegranate roasted chicken.
Roasted Curry Cauliflower Recipe
Protein: 3g / %
Carbs: 6g / %
Fat: 15g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sumac
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl combine the spices, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whisk everything until well emulsified, add more olive oil if mixture is too pasty.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and pour the curry sauce over the vegetables; mix until well coated.
- Place florets on a baking sheet and bake in the oven 30 to 40 minutes, tossing and turning at the halfway point.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve with freshly chopped cilantro.