Easy to prepare, minimally processed and full of flavor – that is exactly what you can expect when you make this keto coleslaw in less than 20 minutes. Full of cabbage it is definitely budget-friendly too, so if you are searching for a crunchy side dish that fulfills your high-fat and low-carb requirements, this is the recipe to repeat time and time again. You can always toss in a sprinkle or two of dried herbs for greater variation, but we think it is just perfect as is.
A nourishing salad always starts with a few cups of sliced vegetables, yet we all know it is the dressing that makes it more than palatable. Homemade mayonnaise is the secret ingredient that holds this beauty together, for without it, that beneficial (and scrumptious) amount of healthy fat would be missing. And we are here for the approximately 80% fat in our diet.
Make enough mayonnaise at once and keep it in the fridge, as you will be able to use it in bountiful other recipes, like deviled eggs with bacon for instance, or mix another 1/4 of mayo in a salmon, avocado and egg salad. You may even find yourself dipping into a pot of homemade mayonnaise with fresh-cut vegetables. See, it is the prefect dressing, and one of the best ways to nibble your cabbage!
Simple Keto Coleslaw Recipe
Protein: 0g / %
Carbs: 4g / %
Fat: 24g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, and shredded carrots.
- In a separate bowl, combine the homemade mayonnaise, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss everything until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate before serving.