The best recipes are simple: apply a seasoning rub to a cut of meat, cook low and slow, then finish off over high heat with a flavorful sauce. And this recipe is no different! Pork tenderloin is a lean cut of meat that turns tender and retains it’s moisture when cooked in a slow cooker. The beautiful thing about slow cookers is the set it and forget it (well, sort of) feature; prepare the pork loin in the morning, then make the sauce and broil or grill when you arrive home.
The bold Garlic-Ginger Sauce brings this dish home. Combine all the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and allow the sauce to simmer and thicken a bit. The sliced knob of ginger alongside the honey and coconut aminos makes for a sweet, savory and spicy sauce. To the delight of your taste buds, the cooked tenderloin will soak up this sauce as you’re basting it.
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin With Garlic-Ginger Sauce Recipe
Protein: 50g / %
Carbs: 17g / %
Fat: 14g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crush red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup. water
- 2 to 4 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, to garnish
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the ground ginger, ground cinnamon, garlic powder, crushed red pepper and season to taste.
- Rub the pork tenderloin with the ginger-cinnamon mix.
- Place the tenderloin in a slow cooker, and pour the chicken stock around the pork.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the apple cider vinegar, water, raw honey, coconut aminos, minced ginger, minced garlic, and season to taste. Bring to a boil, slightly reduce heat, and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler or grill to high.
- Remove tenderloin from slow cooker and brush generously with the ginger-garlic sauce.
- Grill or broil 1 to 2 minutes per side, basting with the sauce every time.
- Serve topped with green onions and fresh parsley.