Chicken wing lovers can unite over these Cajun-spiced crispy wings caramelized in a sweet BBQ sauce and spicy sriracha sauce. Whether you’re making wings for a party, game day or just to have for dinner, they’re a healthy and tasty alternative to store-bought chicken wings. These wings are coated in Cajun spices, lathered in sweet and spicy sauces, then quickly broiled for a delightful nibble.
The Cajun spices bring heat and warmth, just like you’ve taken a quick trip to a New Orleans restaurant. If you don’t have a Cajun spice blend, make your own from oregano, cayenne pepper, onion powder, black pepper and paprika, or use the Creole recipe found in the ingredient list here. Then whip up your own Paleo sriracha sauce and BBQ sauce. Have leftover sauce? Just store in the refrigerator and use within a week or so.
Spicy Cajun Chicken Wings Recipe
Protein: 42g / %
Carbs: 20g / %
Fat: 36g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 3 lb. chicken wings;
- 1/4 cup Cajun seasoning;
- 1 cup homemade or favorite BBQ sauce;
- 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce;
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice;
- Fresh parsley, minced;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Season the chicken wings with the Cajun seasoning, making sure they are well covered.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway.
- In a bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, sriracha sauce, and fresh lime juice.
- Brush the chicken wings with the BBQ sauce on both sides.
- Place the wings back into the oven and broil on high on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.