Are you craving a delicious and easy-to-make meal that can be used for breakfast, brunch, a snack, or dinner? Look no further than these mouth-watering bacon wrapped sausages! The combination of juicy pork sausages and savory bacon is sure to tantalize your taste buds and is flexible enough to be used for almost any meal of the day.
Bacon Wrapped Sausages
While some may worry about the high fat content of bacon, fear not! When enjoyed in moderation and as part of a balanced diet, bacon can actually have a place in a healthy lifestyle. This recipe is also both paleo and keto friendly, making it a great option for those following these diets.
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 8 min Cook Time: 30 min
• 12 slices good quality bacon
• 12 good quality breakfast pork sausages
• 2 tablespoon homemade or Dijon mustard, optional
• Homemade salsa, mayonnaise, baba ghanoush or guacamole to dip
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Sausages
Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F/190°C then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Now, wrap a piece of bacon around each sausage, and lay it on the prepared tray so it is seam side down.
Cook for 8 minutes, then turn the sausages, and continue cooking for another 7 to 8 minutes. Then brush the tops with mustard. Put back into the oven and continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes, until they are cooked through.
Let the sausages stand for 5 minutes before serving. Make sure they are at least 160°F internally for safety before serving.
More Paleo Sausage Recipes
Sausage is a great choice on a paleo or keto diet because it has tons of flavor and is high in protein. Just make sure that you verify it is paleo and check the ingredients list before cooking. Below are a few more ideas that use sausage that you will enjoy.
- Simple Sausage Casserole
- Paleo Sausage Quiche Recipe
- Potato And Sausage Casserole Pie Recipe
- Breakfast Casserole With Sausages Recipe
- Sausage-Stuffed Jalapeño Bites Recipe
No matter what you choose to serve with them, these bacon wrapped sausages are sure to be a hit at dinner table, breakfast table, or even tucked into a lunchbox!
Bacon Wrapped Sausages
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 F. Take each slice of bacon and wrap it around a sausage, placing them onto a baking tray.12 slices bacon, 12 pork sausages
- Cook the sausages for around 15 minutes, ensuring that you turn them once during the cooking process. Brush the tops with mustard, and then cook another 10 to 15 minutes.2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- After removing the tray from the oven, allow the sausages to cool for 5 minutes before serving.Homemade salsa, Mayonnaise, Guacamole
- You can use any preferred breakfast sausage for this, or you can use a chicken sausage, beef sausage, turkey sausage, or bratwurst that are paleo friendly.
- Serve with mustard or mayonnaise for dipping.
- Great served alongside your favorite method of cooking eggs.