If only this chicken with apples and cranberries recipe had a video, so you could see just how juicy and mouthwateringly delicious the final plate is… A single picture does not do it justice, so we suggest to try it for yourself tonight. Your friends and loved ones will be interested in this meal too, put loads of love into it, and you will be rewarded with smiles and praise all around the table.
Dried cranberries provide a bulk of flavor to this uniquely flavored dish, but to stay safe, you’ll need to check ingredients. Several brands sneak sugar or “concentrated fruit juice” into naturally sour cranberries, which is something you will want to avoid on your quest to dine and live the Paleo way. Seek them out from a reputable source, or dehydrate them at home, and you will be rewarded with a lovely tartness that is characteristically cranberry. If you are buying dried cranberries in bulk, you will be able to add them to your homemade dried fruit bars.
We guarantee that you will love this dish, however, let us offer a variation on the theme of chicken, cranberries and apples, just in case: how about chicken kebabs with an apple cranberry salad? It is a very simple grilled dish that allows you to make plenty of chicken bites for lunch leftovers, with enough for snacking between meals.
Chicken With Apples And Cranberries Recipe
Protein: 40g / %
Carbs: 31g / %
Fat: 18g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 green apples, sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes per side, then set aside.
- Cook the shallots in the skillet until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bringing to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan at the same time.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet, add all the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Cook for another 12 minutes, covered, simmering over medium heat.