The ultimate best way to pick up your mood and boost your immune system is to indulge not in a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and starry sprinkles, but a bowlful of steaming homemade chicken pot pie soup. Though if you’ve found a Paleo ice cream that is simply irresistible, and healthy too, do let us know! We’ll keep that in mind for dessert.
If you’ve been diligent and kept up with your meal preparation for the week, chances are good that you will have some pre-cooked and shredded chicken on hand. If not, now is a good time to plan ahead and make this simple recipe a monthly event. However, know that it is never too late to enjoy this chicken and avocado soup for dinner or lunch. All you have to do is to dice some chicken breast, fry it in your favorite skillet, then set it aside and add it to the soup pot when the timing is right – that is, when you add the chicken stock. If you are lucky enough to have a healing broth on hand, consider that a success! Naturally, you can also buy it from the store if you don’t have time to make your own.
Be flexible in cooking and don’t sweat the small stuff, make do with what you have in both time and ingredients – and cook everything with love.
Chicken And Avocado Soup Recipe
Protein: 52g / %
Carbs: 27g / %
Fat: 49g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 3 medium avocados, diced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Cook garlic until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and cumin; season to taste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and green onions, then add the diced chicken.
- Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed, and stir in the cilantro and lime juice.
- Add the diced avocado just before serving.