Are you trying to find the perfect chicken dish that is both flavorful and healthy? Look no further than our paleo coconut breaded chicken. This mouth-watering dish will have you begging for seconds with its delectable blend of coconut flakes and coconut flour that form the perfect crispy coating for tender chicken strips.
Paleo Coconut Chicken
If you like coconut, then this is going to become a new family favorite. You can have this paleo coconut breaded chicken dish ready in less than 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
To round out this meal, pair the paleo coconut chicken with a dipping sauce of garlic and herb mayonnaise or a bit of mustard for a zesty kick. Not sure what to serve on the side? Sweet potato fries are a great side, or you could serve this with a simple plate of roasted vegetables.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 8 min
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• ½ cup coconut flour
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoon cooking fat
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Note: You can season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or any preferred paleo spices if desired.
How to Make Coconut Breaded Chicken
In a bowl, combine ½ cup of coconut flakes and ½ cup of coconut flour. Start with 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and adjust to taste.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs together.
Dip each chicken strip in the egg mixture, then coat it evenly in the coconut mixture.
Heat a frying pan with cooking fat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken strips to the pan and cook until golden brown on the exterior and fully cooked inside. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
More Chicken Recipes for Paleo Diets
Have more chicken on hand but don't know what to make? Check out the recipes below. There are more excellent recipes using chicken breast in paleo diets that are delicious and simple to prepare. Take a moment to bookmark your favorites, print out the recipes, or even just pin them to Pinterest so they are handy when meal planning.
- Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Tomato And Spinach Salad Recipe
- Chili Lime Chicken with Thai Salad Recipe
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Zoodles Recipe
- One-Pan Basil Chicken With Spring Vegetables Recipe
- Chicken And Asparagus With Italian Dressing Recipe
So why not add this coconut breaded chicken recipe to your meal plan? In just minutes, you can be enjoying a crispy and flavorful chicken dish that is both satisfying and healthy, and will have your taste buds begging for more!
Coconut Breaded Chicken
- In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup of coconut flakes and ½ cup of coconut flour. Initially season with 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.½ cup coconut flakes, ½ cup coconut flour, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs thoroughly.2 eggs
- Dip each chicken strip first into the egg mixture, then coat it evenly in the mixture of coconut flakes and coconut flour.4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a frying pan, heat cooking fat over medium-high temperature until hot. Add the coated chicken strips to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the exterior is golden brown and the interior is fully cooked. Check that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches the safe minimum of 165°F.2 tablespoon Cooking fat
- If more seasoning is needed, add additional sea salt or freshly ground black pepper to the chicken strips.
- Make sure to use unsweetened coconut flakes to remain paleo.
- Serve with a homemade mayonnaise dipping sauce or any favorite paleo sauce. Primal Kitchen products are an excellent choice.
- Prepare the chicken in large batches, then lash freeze before cooking. Once frozen, put it into a freezer storage bag. Date and label, then store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight then cook, or fry from frozen.