If you are looking to impress your dinner date, you could easily go for the lobster, the lobster with sriracha sauce that is. Yet, if the seafood is further ashore, and the land animals are closer afield, you may consider the golden standard – garlic and herb steaks. Make that one for each of you. Naturally, a romantic Paleo meal will also deserve an appetizer, how about a bouquet of bacon wrapped green beans? The very fact that you are cooking from scratch, will enhance any possibility of friendship or something beyond, just make sure you ask your guest “How well done do you like your steak?”
It is up to you, however, to choose your favorite cut of steak. The Porterhouse is king when it comes to steaks and is quite possibly the best when grilled, but when it is pan-fried in ghee, it becomes a real star. Top sirloin is a relatively lean cut of beef and adapts well to the frying pan. If you have time to marinate it, all the better! And the New York strip steak, this is a classic with a beautiful amount of marbling. There are no wrong choices here.
Why not end the meal with a delicate nibble of chocolate-covered strawberries dipped in nuts? Whether you are with a partner, or devouring this meal all alone, it is a wonderfully sweet way to end the day. Don’t forget to save a few in the fridge for tomorrow! Or make a double batch if you are feeling a bit peckish.
Garlic And Herb Steak Recipe
Protein: 58g / %
Carbs: 2g / %
Fat: 73g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 steaks, your favorite cut
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Generously season the steaks to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill the steaks 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on their thickness. Turn when half-way cooked through.
- Turn heat down to medium, then add the garlic, ghee, and herbs to the skillet.
- Continue cooking the steaks while basting with the herb-butter sauce.
- Cook for 3-4 more minutes, until steaks are fully cooked to your desired doneness.
- Serve the steaks topped with more fresh parsley.