Skewers aren’t just for beef or chicken, they’re also great for seafood, like shrimp or salmon! These zesty grilled salmon kabobs are easy to assemble and full of healthy Omega-3 fats in each bite. Dusted with fresh oregano and cumin, these skewers are grilled to perfection and are sure to be a hit.
Alongside being tasty, this summer meal is incredibly rich in nutrients. Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fats, and also full of micronutrients like iron, B vitamins, and the antioxidant mineral selenium. The selenium is particularly important because it helps protect against any mercury that may be present in the fish.
A side of cauliflower rice tossed with herbs and a squeeze of lemon and lime juice would be a great base for these skewers. You can also toss some veggies on the grill and serve those alongside these skewers, too.
Grilled Salmon Lemon And Lime Skewers Recipe
Protein: 32g / %
Carbs: 2g / %
Fat: 20g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon fillet, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wood or metal skewers
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Thread the salmon, lime, and lemon onto a skewer, alternating.
- Brush the skewers with oil generously.
- Season the skewers with oregano, cumin, sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook the skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.