Muffins are little bites of joy in the day, be it morning, noon, snack-time or night. They are there for us when we need them most, and this recipe makes several mini muffins, so there is plenty to share, or save for later! With just 3 tablespoons of honey, you can feel good about indulging in a few too. They also happen to be gluten-free and grain-free, and can be made dairy-free as well with the substitution of coconut oil in place of the ghee. They are naturally nut-free, though you may want to add a few tablespoons of finely chopped nuts to your liking.
Sweet potato banana and blueberry muffins are super moist and delicious, though they can be a bit messy on the go. That’s where Paleo cranberry muffins come in, they are prefect for traveling as they are made with a thicker base of coconut flour and eggs. Most Paleo muffins will contain a mixture of both coconut and almond flour, the choice is yours to make if you choose to modify the recipe – the addition of almond flour will help prevent the cranberries from sinking to the bottom. Either way, you will be pleased with the results!
Another thing to consider is the addition of organic orange zest, a little bit goes a long way, so grate it sparingly. No matter what kind of muffins you choose to bake today, they are guaranteed to bring a happy smile to your face.
Paleo Cranberry Muffins Recipe
Protein: 5g / %
Carbs: 17g / %
Fat: 14g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. ghee, or coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3⁄4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, ghee, vanilla and honey. Whisk the ingredients together to ensure the batter is smooth.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl containing the dry ingredients. Stir until a consistent batter is formed.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Grease a mini muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners. Pour the batter into the tin about 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden and baked through.
- If using a larger muffin tin, adjust cooking time accordingly. Will yield less muffins.