Indulge in the savory delight of our roasted chicken with grapes and mustard. The juicy chicken is roasted to perfection with a perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors. You will love how the sweetness of halved grapes combined with mustard provides the perfect balance of flavors that will leave a lasting impression on your taste buds. This recipe is simple yet elegant, perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Paleo Roasted Chicken
Chicken can be a challenging meat to cook, but not with this recipe. We've given you a trick to achieve moist, tender chicken that's sure to impress your guests.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 25 min + 8-12 hrs Cook Time: 30 min
• 2 lbs chicken parts (breasts or thighs), skin-on and bone-in
• 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
• ½ cup shallots, finely chopped
• 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 3 tablespoon homemade or Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Paleo Roasted Chicken
In a large bowl, season the chicken with sea salt, thoroughly, then place into the refrigerator, uncovered, overnight.
When ready to cook, allow the chicken to come to room temperature (around 20 minutes). While it does this, you an preheat your oven to 450°F.
Now, in a large skillet, add the dry coriander seeds. Roast over medium heat, for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking or stirring frequently. Roast just until fragrant. Then, transfer them to a mortar and pestle to crush, or use a coffee grinder to crush.
Now, in an oven safe skillet or Dutch oven, place the chicken, and roast uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set the chicken aside to rest.
Into this same Dutch oven, add the shallots and grapes to the rendered fat in the pan. Stir regularly, until they are softened. Then, add in the coriander seeds you crushed along with the chicken broth.
Now, add in the mustard and let this simmer until it reduces by half. Usually 5 to 7 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper, then stir in fresh thyme.
Serve the chicken with grapes and sauce.
More Paleo Chicken Recipes
Chicken is the heart of our menu. It's so versatile and easy to make. Below are some of our favorite flavor-packed recipes with chicken as the focus. Take a moment to bookmark your favorites, print out the recipes, or just pin them to Pinterest so they are handy when you are ready to cook!
- Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Tomato And Spinach Salad Recipe
- Chili Lime Chicken with Thai Salad Recipe
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Zoodles Recipe
- One-Pan Basil Chicken With Spring Vegetables Recipe
- Chicken And Asparagus With Italian Dressing Recipe
Roasted Chicken With Grapes And Mustard
- Start by seasoning the chicken thoroughly with sea salt in a large bowl. Leave the chicken uncovered in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, let the chicken rest at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes. While it rests, preheat your oven to 450°F.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the dry coriander seeds. Roast them for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring or shaking frequently, until they become fragrant. Next, crush them in a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder.
- Now, in an oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven, place the chicken and roast it uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Once done, remove it from the oven and set it aside to rest.
- In the same Dutch oven, add the shallots and grapes to the rendered fat in the pan. Stir them regularly until they soften. Then, add the crushed coriander seeds and chicken broth.
- Add the mustard and let it simmer until it reduces by half, usually for 5 to 7 minutes. Afterward, season with additional salt and black pepper, and then stir in fresh thyme.
- To serve, arrange the chicken on a plate, pour the sauce over it, and garnish with grapes.
- This recipe can be made with chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or chicken drumsticks.
- It will yield 4 to 8 servings, depending upon the size of each piece of chicken.
- Store in a refrigerator for up to 3 days after cooking, or freeze for up to 3 months.