Can’t decide which vegetables you want for dinner tonight? Have them all at once! This recipe is the barbecue equivalent of a one-pan stir-fry dinner: a big pile of mixed vegetables in a grill basket, plus some sausages out on the grill proper. The grill basket keeps your vegetables all together and lets you branch out beyond things that are big enough to put straight on the grill, so you can experiment with all kinds of different vegetables instead of just the classics like asparagus and eggplant.
When you’re buying sausages for this, make sure you’re getting ones with a minimum of junk – check the ingredients list, not just the front of the package! Store-bought sausages aren’t automatically out, but they’re very likely to be full of some questionable stuff, so just be choosy about which ones you pick.
Of course, you can experiment with using whatever vegetables you want; if you’re among the ranks of the cauliflower-haters, don’t feel like you have to leave it in. Replace it with broccoli, or something else that you do like, and dig in!
Sausage With Grilled Vegetables Recipe
Protein: 30g / %
Carbs: 22g / %
Fat: 39g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 6 sausages;
- 2 bell peppers, chopped;
- 1 cauliflower, chopped;
- 1 lb. asparagus, chopped;
- 2 tomatoes, quartered;
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, minced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables, olive oil, basil, and thyme. Give everything a good stir and season to taste.
- Place the vegetables in a grill basket and cook on the grill for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Grill the sausages for 8 to 10 minutes on the preheated grill.
- Slice the sausages, mix with the vegetables, and serve.