On festive or momentous occasions you may want to surprise your guests with a delicious seaside bowl of Keto Tuscan-style shrimp for lunch or dinner. Some days automatically call out for straightforward sausages and vegetables. It all depends on your mood of course, as both are incredibly delicious, best served at the right moment in life. Even if your guests aren’t following a Keto diet, they will not miss a thing. Perhaps the Tuscan shrimp could even be served as a mouthwatering appetizer?
The highlight of this meal, besides the fresh summer vegetables, is the sausage. If you have been in ketosis for long enough, you’ll likely have encountered numerous situations of unexpected and sneaky carbs. The only way to win this battle is to check the ingredients each and every time. Naturally, you will want to avoid many condiments as the sugar really adds up! Even in spice blends and seasoning mixes will you find some lurking carbs – use your best judgment accordingly. And the ubiquitous sausage? That often has hidden high-carb ingredients, appearing as fillers, bulking agents and preservatives, so buyer beware! There are plenty of Keto options out there, though you may have to shop around.
We hope you discover your Keto sausage love at first bite and can continue to buy the same links for many sheet pan sausage and veggie recipes to come. For an after-dinner treat, why not a pop a chocolate almond butter fat bomb in your mouth, just one…
Keto Sausages With Tuscan-Style Vegetables Recipe
Protein: 18g / %
Carbs: 10g / %
Fat: 47g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 6 to 8 sausages of your choice
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Brown the sausages in a skillet over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes on all sides, and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, zucchini and olives in a baking dish.
- Toss all the vegetables with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, and season to taste.
- Place the sausages on top, and roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.