Salty smoked fish tastes great with a big pile of creamy, fluffy scrambled eggs, especially when you add a little bit of coconut milk for that extra richness. If you’re shaking your head right now because your scrambled eggs always come out with a disappointing rubbery texture instead of that perfect lightness, here are some tips to help you master the art – scrambled eggs are such a classic breakfast food that they’re well worth the learning curve.
Of course, the salmon also adds a lot of important nutrients to the mix – some extra B vitamins, minerals like selenium and iodine, and those all-important Omega-3 fats. If you’re not a huge fan of eating a big piece of fish all by itself, this is an easy alternative for getting nutrition from the sea in a form you might find tastier.
This is an elegant brunch option if you want something a little more striking than ordinary scrambled eggs (it even has chives! What isn’t fancier with little bits of chives sprinkled artfully through it?). Maybe serve it with a simple fruit salad or some roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar, for brunch or just an indulgent breakfast on a lazy weekend morning.
Scrambled Eggs With Smoked Salmon Recipe
Add to Meal Plan
- 4 eggs;
- 4 slices smoked salmon, chopped;
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk;
- Fresh chives, finely chopped;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, and fresh chives. Season to taste.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet and add the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs while cooking.
- When the eggs start to settle add the smoked salmon and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve with more chives sprinkled on top.