If the idea of a short prep time has you jumping for joy, then we know you will be pleased with these sheet pan fajitas – they are guaranteed to simplify your dinnertime and, with any luck, there will be leftovers for lunch, but don’t count on that! To counter the thought of not having enough, for now or later, you can always bake a second sheet as a backup plan, just in case someone is extra cheeky…
If you eat Mexican or Tex-Mex on a regular basis, you will already have the essential spices on hand to bake this meal quickly. If chili powder, cumin, paprika and oregano are not your go-to spices, then take a quick trip to the store and pick some up, because they also belong to fire-roasted salsa and Mexican-style ribs – two more recipes that you should definitely try.
Serve these fajitas with some avocado straight up, or a quick and easy guacamole – dress the chicken and vegetables in a lettuce wrap or add some hot sauce to take it up a notch. If you are really adventurous, you can invent your own sheet pan fajita recipes using other ingredients, such as chili-lime-shrimp or basil-beef. Make dinners simple and bake them on one sheet!
Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe
Protein: 39g / %
Carbs: 16g / %
Fat: 18g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, sliced
- 2 to 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Fresh cilantro and lime to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin and oregano; season to taste.
- Place chicken and vegetables in separate bowls and pour half of the mixture over the bell peppers and onions, and the other over the sliced chicken, toss both until well combined.
- Place baking sheet in the oven 5 to 6 minutes to pre-heat it.
- Remove baking sheet from oven (careful, it’s hot!) and place chicken on it. Put back in the oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and top with the sliced vegetables, put back in the oven and cook another 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve topped with cilantro and lime wedges.