A word of caution: this dish is for mango lovers only. The instant thought of mouthwateringly sweet delicious mangoes has us imagining a glass filled to the brim with a rich mango lassi, sipping it greedily in the summer heat… Has anyone created a Paleo-friendly mango lassi? If so, we are on the hunt to find it! In the meantime, we will surrender ourselves to a refreshing banana mango coconut smoothie. Simply ambrosial!
Outside of searching high and low for ripe exotic fruit, you’ll also find yourself hunting down the most local grass-fed beef you can find. Sirloin steaks are best when they are pan-seared, which is fine if you are cooking inside and/or if you don’t have a grill. However, if you are cooking outside over hot embers, we have a couple of quick tips for grilling the perfect sirloin steak: for starters, let the steak come to room temperature before cooking – remove it from the fridge about 30 minutes before you plan to cook. Secondly, if you are about to grill a thick sirloin steak with a strip of nourishing fat on the side, sear that part first by holding it over the highest heat with a pair of tongs. And don’t overcook the steak! Medium-rare is a good standard to shoot for.
Combine slices of sirloin steak and fresh mango over a bed of diverse, mixed greens and all will be right in your world, if only for the duration of a meal.
Sirloin Steak And Mango Salad Recipe
Protein: 27g / %
Carbs: 32g / %
Fat: 32g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 large mangos, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts, roasted, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Red pepper flakes (optional, to garnish)
- Preheat grill to high.
- Season the steak to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill the sirloin steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness and desired doneness.
- Let the steaks rest 4 to 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Serve the meat on top of fresh mixed greens topped with the fresh herbs, cashews, and mango slices.
- Drizzle olive oil and lime juice, season with red pepper flakes to taste.